Tuesday, January 19, 2010


Sup Y’all! It’s me again!

Something really exciting happened to me today. I have quite a reputation of being the “unlucky one” in my family, but today, I proved them wrong. While shopping for clothes for Chinese New Year at Parkway Parade Shopping Centre, my family and I passed by a lucky draw booth near the information counter. By spending over a certain amount, we were entitled to six draws. I felt really guilty for spending so much money on clothes (the amount I cannot reveal for confidential reasons), so when I learnt about the lucky draw, I was extremely eager to win some money to recover the cost of my family’s shopping spree. To be fair, my sister, my mum and I each had two tries each. We had to enter a four-digit code into a safe box and try and try to open the safe.

My sister had the first go. Unfortunately, she failed both times. My mum too was unable to crack open the safe. When it was my turn, I was rather nervous. I know what you are thinking. Why be nervous over such a small matter, you’re making a mountain out of a mole hill. So I stepped up and keyed in a random number. It was denied by the safe. On my second and final try, I closed my eyes and randomly punched in some numbers. I didn’t even know which number I had keyed in. “Beep Beep Beep!” the alarm on the safe rang and the safe opened with a “swoosh”. I had hit the jackpot! The receptionist at the information counter handed me a 500 dollar voucher and I gladly accepted it. I was tremendously delighted. Not only did I pay for all the shopping bought today, but there was still some money left over. Maybe I could get myself another pair of jeans!

I hope that you have enjoyed reading this entry.

Joshua :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home